You've Got A Friend In Me
As I was moseying through Pinterest yesterday, I found a card I liked and decided to create a card for my sister Lorraine. It happens to be a "step" card and is EASY to make. WooHoo!! Since Lagoon is one of my very favorite color, using the colors from the #186 Color My Heart Color Dare challenge made sense to me. This week the colors are Gypsy, Lagoon and White Daisy. Perfect!
It just so happens that Close To My Heart has a stamp set called "Friend In Me" which is perfect for Lorraine. The set is cheery, springy and just sweet so off I go to create something just for her that speaks to our relationship. Of course, she is my sister but this could also be used for a friendship card for those friends that are so special, they feel like your sisters.
So, without further ado, here is my card for Lorraine that I can't wait to send to her-from Texas to New York with Love!
- The step card was cut from Lagoon Paper Fundamentals at 5 1/4 x 12 with scores made at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 4 1/4, 6, 9.
- The sentiments were stamped and edged in either Lagoon or Gypsy
- Friend In Me Stamp Set C1640
- Embellishments were from my stash but many beautiful shiny things can be found on my website-just click "embellishments"
- I stamped some of the flowers from the stamp set using my Archival Black Ink Stamp Pad 44751 then colored them with
- Watercolor Pencils 3505 which are unfortunately temporarily out of stock. But stay tuned they will be back soon!
- The colors were blended with a Blending Pen 3174
Hope you like my card, now I'll send it and wait to hear from my sister! ;-)